Collection of your personal information
When you enquire about a vessel or service offered by Easy Boat Hire Australia we may ask for your contact details, including your name, email address and phone number.
Collection of information other than personal information
- IP addresses/operating system/browser type: When you visit our web site or click on one of our links, we may automatically record information such as your I.P. address, operating system, browser version, date and time of your visit, pages you accessed and information you downloaded.
- Web beacons: Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Use of your personal information
We will use the information you provide to us for the specific purposes for which you provided the information, as stated at the time of collection. The following are some other ways in which we may use your information to administer our business and provide you with the products and services you request:
- To contact you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions.
- To notify you about promotions and special offers regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or other associated third parties.
- To improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services.
- To improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To track your use of our website for our internal market research.
- To ask for your participation in our internal market research.
- To generate aggregate statistical studies about our customers.
- To contact you otherwise when necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive communication from Easy Boat Hire Australia, you can contact us to request no further communication. You can also click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any associated marketing emails sent from Easy Boat Hire Australia. Alternatively, you can request to unsubscribe via our contact page. Please note that by law, Easy Boat Hire Australia has 5 days to action your unsubscribe request.
Sharing of your personal information
Disclosure of data
We will not share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes without your permission; however we may obtain personal and other information from you to enable us to provide our services or products to you. Personal information may also be disclosed to our third party service providers as described below:
- To the activity provider for the purpose of processing your booking request.
- To others in the event of a medical emergency.
- To any entity to which we are required, or authorised by or under law to disclose such information such as, in responding to a formal request in a court order, judicial proceeding or subpoena.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of Easy Boat Hire Australia.
- To protect the safety, or property of our members, or the public.
- We use a third party payment processor to fulfill payment for services advertised on our website.
- In the event of a sale, merger, or acquisition of some, or all of Easy Boat Hire Australia’s assets, your personal information could likely be a part of the transferred assets. In such an event we shall notify you by email and with a notice on our website, of any information and privacy practices that would change as a result.
- We act as a booking agent for our suppliers, so when we collect personal information about you we may provide them to our suppliers for internal use only.
- It is the responsibility of the third parties to adhere to the Australian Privacy Act 1988. They may also have their own independent privacy policies.
Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Easy Boat Hire Australia reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
This policy was last modified on 13/05/2020